Alain Locke Charter School hosted its annual history fair last week, which featured some outstanding entries from several students.
Students entered work in the categories of “Exhibits” and “Non-Exhibits.” The top four entrants in each category will now advance to the citywide competition. They are:
- 1st Place: Mahyla, “The Jungle”
- 2nd Place: Destiney, “Crossing the Red Line”
- 3rd Place: Malia and J’Nai, “Race and Womanhood”
- 4th Place: Taylor, “Fred Hampton and the Black Panther Party”
- 1st Place: D’Shanti, “Highway Construction in the 1950s: The Helping and Hindering of Chicago’s Highway”
- 2nd Place: Tiona and Arai, “A League of Their Own: All American Girls’ Professional Baseball League”
- 3rd Place: Michelle, “The Tragedy and Triumph of Mary Todd Lincoln: The First Lady of Lunacy”
- 4th Place: Isis, “The Death of Lynching”
Congratulations to all students, and best of luck to you in the citywide competition.