Important information before you begin
Please note: Admission to Alain Locke is by blind lottery. Filling out an application does not ensure admission.
Download the LOTTERY APPLICATION FORM 2017-2018 School Year here.
- Forms must be received by Friday, April 14, 2017 at noon/12:00pm to be entered into the lottery. Parent and students must be residents of Chicago. Lottery drawing will be held on Friday, April 21, 2017.
- Those applying for Pre-Kindergarten must be 4 years old by September 1, 2017. Those applying for Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1, 2017.
- School Hours are 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Thursday. All Students are dismissed at 1:00pm on Friday.
- After the lottery, enrollment forms are added to the waitlist or offered a seat on a first come, first served basis. Only the applicants eligible to fill the next openings are contacted by phone.
- If accepted, a non-refundable student fee of $100 per student or $150 per family (parents with 2 or more students enrolled in the school) must be paid at enrollment for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Payment must be made by money order or cash.