A Letter from the Principal
ILLINOIS ASSESSMENT OF READINESS (IAR)
Grades 3-8 Families
Every year, schools administer state assessments that not only demonstrate how students are growing academically compared to their peers across the state, but also help us determine where additional school support and resources are needed. This year, grades 3-8 students will be required to take these assessments in person at school, including students who are learning remotely.
Your child will take the Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR), which measures student mastery of the Illinois Learning Standards in English language arts/literacy and mathematics in grades 3 through 8. Over the course of three days, students will take the IAR May 18-20. Students will be in the school from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. those three days.
To ensure the health and safety of students and staff during in-person testing, we will follow these protocols at our school:
- We will fully sanitize all rooms before and after testing.
- We will clean and disinfect computers and other equipment.
- We will require anyone entering the building to complete a health screening and pass a temperature check.
- We will require anyone entering our school to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- We will require all students and staff to wear a cloth face covering while inside the building, including during the test and testing breaks. Masks can be removed for eating and drinking, and strict social distancing will be required when masks are removed.
- During testing breaks, students will remain in their testing room and maintain social distancing.
- We will implement restroom break procedures to ensure all students entering a restroom are socially distanced, wearing cloth face coverings, and cleaning their hands.
- We will establish and communicate clear arrival and dismissal procedures.
If your child is sick on the testing dates or have Covid-19 related symptoms, please do not send them to school for IAR testing and contact Nurse Plummer at 773-265-7230 ext. 112.
Thank you for your commitment to your student’s academic success! Please reach out to Vonyell Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patrick Love (email@example.com) with any questions about IAR. Or you can call the main office at 773-265-7233.
Patrick Love, Principal
Vonyell Foster, Dean of Students and Operations
Please update your student's emergency contact information here
You need to fill out one form per student. After you have filled out your forms, save them to your computer and then please email them as attachments to Ms. Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also fax your completed form to 773.265.7258 or mail it to Ms. Porter's attention at: Alain Locke Charter School, 3141 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60612. If you have any questions, or need assistance, please call Ms. Porter directly: 773.265.7232.