Alain Locke Charter School invites you to join us for the free “Your Money Matters” financial literacy workshop.
Made possible in partnership with Chicago-based LADDERUP, “Your Money Matters” will offer strategies for making the most of your finances. The event is scheduled for 4 p.m. on Wednesday, February 19 at Alain Locke.
Interested in attending? RSVP to Ms. Foster by February 14 at (773) 265-7255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll learn about:
Banking and Saving
- How to choose the right bank account
- The power of compound interest
- Saving strategies
- How to maintain a checking account
- Finding a high-yield savings account
- Budgeting strategies
- Fixed vs. flexible expenses
- Setting financial goals
- Tracking your expenses
- Using online applications to help maintain your budget
- The good, the bad and the ugly aspects of credit
- How to be smart about credit
- Why a good credit score is so important
This workshop is brought to you by LADDERUP, a Chicago-based organization that has worked to provide financial resources to local residents since 1994. For more information, visit: https://www.goladderup.org/.
RSVP for “Your Money Matters” by contacting Ms. Foster by Friday, February 14 at (773) 265-7255 or email@example.com.
Join us for “Your Money Matters”
When: 4 p.m. on Wednesday, February 19
Where: Alain Locke Charter School; 3141 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, Ill. 60612
The workshop will be bilingual, with all materials being made available in both English and Spanish.