Alain Locke Charter is currently looking for a full-time 7th and 8th grade math instructor for the 2017-18 school year. Instructors are responsible for facilitating a well-rounded, comprehensive instructional program as well as maintaining a classroom environment that promotes learning.
Alain Locke is one of the country’s most successful charter schools. The mission of Alain Locke is to serve as a demonstration for urban schools exemplifying excellence in academics, the arts, personal, and social development, and producing students who are globally competitive.
All members of the Alain Locke community – instructors, students, parents – work together as a team to provide our students with the opportunity to reach their highest potential. Our school community is living proof that, given the opportunity, all children can succeed.
Alain Locke offers a robust focused program to meet the academic, social and emotional needs of our students. Examples of key programmatic elements are:
• An extended day, year round program of education
• Focused block periods in core subjects supplemented by an enrichment program of technology, music, art, library and physical education
• Robust use of data to individualize instruction and inform interventions
• Experiential learning including weekly clubs and frequent field experiences
• Support programs for Alain Locke graduates in high school and college
• Partnerships with community organizations to provide needed resources
• Weekly professional development for instructors and instructional staff
• Strong parent involvement including Parent Power Meetings and a Parent Advisory Committee
You should have a proven record of success and be committed to maintaining our high academic/ social expectations for students.
If interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter information detailing teaching experiences and the type of successes you have had in the classroom.